Hotel at a Glance: Sands Regency
If you’re in Reno to hit up the casinos, staying at Sands Regency puts you steps from the slots. The hotel/casino boasts more than 600 of the “loosest slots in town,” plus tables for blackjack, poker, and craps. If that’s not enough, there are six daily games of bingo for you to prove you’re the luckiest person in all of Nevada.
- Grab a bite at one of five on-site restaurants, including a 24-hour outpost of Mel’s Diner (of American Graffiti fame).
- Wet your whistle at one of the bars. The 3rd Street Lounge boasts 30 beers on tap, plus a menu of cocktails. This deal also comes with five free drinks (per stay).
- Where you’ll stay: Stylish guest rooms come with free WiFi.
- Unwind in the penthouse health club which includes a sauna and fitness room.
- Scenic day trip: The hotel is only about a 30-minute drive from Lake Tahoe.